Happy Chinese New Year everyone! On this day, the year of the sheep begins. I also learned that it is also being called the year of the goat. This was a bit confusing in my research on which one it is. So, in honor of the Chinese New Year, I looked up some fun facts about the year of the sheep/goat.
- The flowers are carnations and primroses
- Lucky colors are brown, red, and purple
- Lucky numbers are 2 and 7
- Lucky direction is north
- Lucky months are August and November
- Personality: calm, gentle, creative, thoughtful, amicable, persevering, frank and honest.
- Best suited careers: pediatrician, actor, teacher, interior designer, musician, and editor.
- They are said to have fewer health problems due to their serene nature
- Their best work partner is said to be those born in the year of the horse and they work well in teams
- The people who are born in the year of the goat/sheep are said to be private and work hard for the ones they love
So, there are some fun facts about those who are born in the year of the sheep/goat according to Chinese legend. It is odd to think that approximately, one sixth of the world will celebrate this holiday. There are many people who are of Chinese origin where I work. Through them I was able to learn about some of the traditions that come with this day such as children sleeping with money under their pillows and that children are given a red envelope with money in it. The color red is considered to be lucky. I found a website with other celebrations the Chinese use every year. Also, attached is the site that I used to find information on the year of the sheep/goat/ram.