Being stuck at home and finding a way to escape reality can be difficult. Going a little stir crazy while trying to escape is tough. I found that listening to podcasts are a great way to help escape reality for a bit. In each one you hear a story from beginning to end. Some of them are true stories, others are fiction. There are a few that you have to wait until next week to hear. Here are some of my favorite podcasts to binge listen to, even when I’m not at home.
- My Favorite Murder from This Is Exactly Right. A true crime comedy podcast. Each episode covers a different one from around the world or right in your backyard. Hosted by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark.
- Gymcastic: I am a huge gymnerd. I love watching gymnastics and hearing about what is going on. In indie podcast hosted by Jessica O’Beirne and Spencer from The Balance Beam Situation you can get all of the gossip and keep up on what is going on in the gymnastics world. Especially, the dumpster fire that is USAG right now. Plus, they have commissioned episodes that cover past Olympics, famous gymnasts, and World Championships. Sometimes they even have special guests like McKayla Maroney and Aly Raisman.
- Rose Sinister: Vampires: This one I came across in New Orleans a couple of years ago when my tour guide, Rose Sinister, announced that she has her own podcast. Since then I have been hooked to them. I can listen to her podcasts over and over again.
- Hollywood and Crime: The most famous Tinsel Town murder of all has to be the murder of Elizabeth “Betty” Short aka The Black Dahlia. Well, if you want to hear more stories like this tune into Hollywood and Crime from Wondery. There you can hear what hides behind the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
- Big Things with Zach Miko: In this podcast by model Zach Miko, Zach interviews many authors, actors, and actresses across the board. There are some where he answers questions about how he broke into the business. He speaks enthusiastically about changing the modeling world by taking down body shaming and being proud of who you are.
- Unsolved Murders: This was one of the first podcasts that I ever listened to. Here the hosts Wendy and Carter take on some of the most intriguing and heinous crimes ever committed. In each one they try to solve case of who did it. These episodes usually span across two or three weeks. Part of the Parcast network, this one leaves me wanting more and more each time I listen.
- Tales: This is another Parcast podcast. This time the host Vanessa takes a deep dive into some of the most beloved fairy tales like Beauty and the Beast and Mulan, only to reveal that they are not the happy tale that Disney has told.
- Haunted Places: Another Parcast podcast the host Greg takes you into some of the scariest places around the world. He tells you the legend the walls and ghosts have to tell from each place. Each place is different, each place has it’s own tale, but each place is haunted.
There is a list of some of my favorite ones to binge listen to during this time. I hope that you all stay well and healthy!
P.S. The photo I posted is part of the Myrtle’s Plantation in Louisiana. You can hear more about this place in the Haunted Places podcast.